Sunday, November 23, 2014

Embrace Me.

Yes. I need you. Thoughtful, honest, hardworking, believers, doers, open, liberal minds.  Is it too much to ask? Who am I? I am sure you will be able to make out... Meanwhile, I want you to think again. Don't you all have these qualities already? No doubt. Then what is it that is still ailing me? Just one thing. Apathy. 
Why so many of you consider me untouchable? When some people who have embraced me, try to do the same good work that you people do, they are left alone. Why? Is it fear? Dislike? Is it selfisness, or is it the fear of what people might think? Just because some men are rapists, murderers, is it fair to  paint all men as rapists and murderers? Just because some mother in laws have tortured their daughter in laws, is it acceptable to call all of them heartless?

Yes, its the same situation here too. Am politics. People have stayed away from me, stating am dirty. Am I the naughty kid? The bad one? Responsible for making my self dirty. Is it my mistake that I am dirty today? Or is it the people who made me dirty? Or is it that tribe who chose to stay away, knowing completely well, that I am being abused? Will you be a silent bystander, if this abuse happens in front of your eyes to your family members? Then why are you now?  Am a not a part of your life? Your experience of every day life depends on people who use me to run our democracy. How much money you are left with at the end of the day, depends on me. Whether you are able to bear your family's health care costs depends on me. Whether you are feeling safe when your wife or child steps out, depends on me. Whether you are getting water to drink, good roads to travel, decent affordable education to your child depends on me. When every thing in your life depends on me, why is it that you all still choose to stay away from me.

Its time, you stop this alienation. I need help. I need care. I need honest, sincere care takers. I can't take this abuse anymore. May be its tough. But don't stay away. Support those who want to embrace me. There are people, parties who are indeed sincerely trying to make a difference, to bring back my glory. Support them whole heartedly. I am battered. I need you. Don't forget your forefathers, freedom fighters, nation builders who could have never built the Nation you are enjoying , if they have shied away from me. Am not untouchable. But I need to be clean, for you to live a happy and healthy life. Come, Embrace Me.

No comments: